Hi, Neighbors. We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night and I wanted to tell you what happened. It was a busy meeting with many conversations. We will be voting on much of what we discussed this coming Monday (April 17), so we would appreciate any input you have on any of these issues.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Before I get started, please plan to attend our first annual Earth Day Event, scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 22 at 9:00 AM. For more information or to let us know you’ll be coming, please click here.
OK, here’s what happened at Monday’s meeting:
- We discussed zoning options to remove multifamily buildings from the Weber Road neighborhood in the future. We will be voting on this issue on Monday night, so if you have input on this topic, please plan to attend or let me know your thoughts by return email. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We cheered for the new Aleppo Township signs you have probably seen popping up around the municipality and voted (5-0) on a new letterhead design that incorporates a similar logo. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We talked about adopting a resolution establishing Aleppo participation in the Quaker Valley Council of Governments new Recycling Committee. This is another topic we will be voting on on Monday night, so please attend or let me know if you have input on this subject. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed increasing Aleppo’s donation to the Sewickley Memorial Day Parade fund and will consider this idea further once we find out if they will accept public funds. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Manager Patterson explained a resolution appointing a Chief Administrative Officer for the Non-Uniformed Pension Plan. We will vote on this resolution on Monday, so–again–let me know if you have thoughts. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed a resolution adopting our Emergency Operations Plan. Again, we will be voting on this resolution on Monday, so let me know if you have thoughts. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- A motion was made to authorize the Public Works department to post No Parking Signs on Weber Road as necessary. We will vote on this motion on Monday, so please let me know if you have thoughts. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We voted (5-0) to allow a resident to construct a small brick outline around the island at the entrance of the Sewickley Heights Manor Homes Association (“SHMHA”). (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We heard that the North Suburban Archery Association is unwilling to present to the township, which means that we will be unable to engage them on a public basis. The SHMHA is in talks to contract with them on a private basis and we voted (5-0) to wait to hear the results of those discussions before making further decisions about deer mitigation. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
Again, many of these topics will be voted upon at our next meeting, which will take place on Monday, April 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner