Hi, Neighbors. We had a legislative meeting last week and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- Chief Micklos gave his monthly report, including several phone scams happening throughout Aleppo and the local communities (particularly one about winning money in a contest. He reminds the residents to NEVER give credit card or financial information over the phone. (He also told us about a call the police received about a squirrel running in circles!) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed resident complaints of what appears to be a garbage dump in a lot along Glen Mitchell Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We voted 5-0 to adopt the Allegheny County 2015 Hazard Mitigation Plan Resolution. Thank you to Judy Haluka for working so hard to have Aleppo Township in compliance with Allegheny County’s Emergency Management Plan. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Tom Jarvie gave his report for the Public Works department. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Our new Treasurer Clayton Steup detailed how much we’ve collected in taxes and how much money we have in the bank. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Solicitor Stone told us where the eminent domain cases stand. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
Our next Workshop meeting will be on Monday, May 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner