Hi, Neighbors. We had a Workshop Meeting tonight and I wanted to let you know what happened. There are a few things discussed tonight that we’ll be voting on next week, so please review this digest carefully and let me know if you have anything to contribute to the conversation.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to use the links below to jump straight to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- We discussed our investment strategy with PLIGIT. We will be voting to approve these investments next weekend, so if there are residents who can offer thoughts concerning municipal finance, I would appreciate hearing what you think about this conversation. Click here to see this portion of the meeting.
- We heard a presentation from an independent financial advisor about the possibilities of us refinancing our sewer bond. Again, we will vote on this next week and this will be a significant policy decision, so I would appreciate input from anybody who has anything to add to the conversation. Click here to see this portion of the meeting.
- The committee to interview new municipal engineers recommended that we hire the firm of Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. We will vote on a motion to hire HRG next week, so if anybody has any input on this firm, please let me know. Click here to see this portion of the meeting.
- The Aleppo Township Authority recommended Claudia Brenneisen, a resident of Masonic Village, to fill a vacancy on the ATA Board. Click here to see this portion of the meeting.
- We heard of zoning requests from Vesuvius USA, our new corporate neighbor on Deer Run Road. Click here to see this portion of the meeting.
- Our solicitor updated us about the progress of the outstanding condemnation actions concerning the sewer project. Click here to see this portion of the meeting.
Our next meeting where we will vote on all of these issues will be held on March 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM. If you have any input on any of these issues, please join us. If you can’t make the meeting, feel free to share your input by replying to this email and I will be sure to share your thoughts with the other commissioners.
Aleppo Township Commissioner