Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, October 16, 2023, and I wanted to tell you what happened. The meeting was held at Masonic Village in an effort to reach Aleppo residents who might not otherwise be able to attend a meeting in person. (The November 13th Workshop Meeting will be held at the Township Building, but the November 20th Legislative Meeting will be held out in the community at the Aleppo Fire Station.)
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Police: Chief Joe Hanny gave the Police Report for the month of September. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- Public Works: Supervisor Tim Scott reported on the public works activities for the month and the status of the new dump truck. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks #DumpTruck
- Communications: Commissioner Amy Richert reported on that we have resumed our meetings with Amazon representatives, and a resident of Masonic Village is seeking assistance in getting better cell phone coverage on the Masonic campus. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Communications #Amazon #MasonicVillage
- Planning/Zoning: In the last year and a half the Township has updated both the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance and the Zoning Ordinance. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #SALDO #Ordinance
- Tax Collector/Treasurer: Treasurer Clayton Steup gave the financial reports for the month ending September 30, 2023. President George Jones explained that the 2024 Budget process is underway. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector #Budget
- Vice President Art Williams explained PA House Bill 589 which proposes to establish a Landslide Insurance and Assistance Program for homeowners. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PAHouseBill589
- Commissioner Amy Richert thanked the Aleppo Township Volunteer Fire Company for hosting their Open House on October 7th. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #FireCompany
- Citizen Participation: Residents thanked the Commissioners for holding the meeting at Masonic Village, and there was an inquiry about the history of Aleppo Township (note – if anyone has interest in sharing any history or old photos of Aleppo, please contact the Township Office!) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #CitizenParticipation
Our next Workshop Meeting will be on Monday, November 13, 2023, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please fee free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager