Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
The Workshop Meeting originally scheduled for October 9, 2023 has been CANCELLED. The next meeting will be the Legislative Meeting on Monday, October 16, 2023 at 7:00 PM.
The October 16th meeting will be held at Masonic Village. Please see the Latest News tab on our website for directions to Masonic.
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, September 18, 2023, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- A Public Hearing was held for the revised Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance. The Ordinance was adopted by the Board. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicHearing #SALDO
- A summary of the August police calls was presented. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- Chief Bill Davis Jr. of the Aleppo Township Volunteer Fire Company presented a summary of the 2022 fire calls and discussed some of the issues that volunteer fire companies are facing. ** The Aleppo Fire Company Open House will be this Saturday, October 7, from 11 AM – 3 PM at the fire station located at 131 Weber Road. Stop by to see the trucks, get fire safety information, and have some food! ** (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #FireCompany
- Commissioner Haluka is exploring offering a CPR training class that would be open to the community. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #EmergencyManagement
- A summary of the Public Works activity for the month was presented. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks
- The 2023 Paving Project is partially complete, with some follow-up work still to be completed. The Township Building parking lot will be repaved in the upcoming month. The Commissioners approved the first contractor pay request for the project. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PavingProject
- The Board adopted a Resolution in preparation for a potential grant application to seek funding for a stormwater issue along Deer Run Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Resolution #DeerRunRoad #GrantApplication
- Commissioner Richert reported on two citizen concerns regarding the number of deer in the Township and about speeding on Redgate Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #CitizenParticipation #RedgateRoad #Speeding
- The Tax Collector/Treasurer report was presented, and the monthly bills were approved. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
Our next Meeting will be on Monday, October 16, 2023, at 7:00 PM. **This meeting will be held in the Assembly Room at Masonic Village, 1000 Masonic Drive, Sewickley, PA 15143. Please see the Latest News tab on our website for directions to Masonic.** If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager