Hi, Neighbors. We had a Workshop Meeting last night and I wanted to let you know what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, please feel free to use the links in the bullet points below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
- Our auditor presented our 2014 audit report. The document itself will be voted on at our Legislative Meeting next week. Once it has been accepted by the Commissioners, I will include it with my meeting digest email. In the meantime, the auditor’s report was quite detailed and will most certainly satisfy the curiosity of anybody who is so inclined. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed a subdivision application concerning property owned by Mr.Staple and Mr. O’Neill, which was recommended for approval by the Planning Commission. That application will now go to Allegheny County for its comments and the board of commissioners will then vote on the application. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We continued to discuss the planned meeting with residents of McCoy Place and South McCoy Place Road to discuss shared street addresses. That meeting is presently scheduled for August 26, 2015 at 7:00 PM and we will send a letter to affected residents. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Commissioner Lisanti informed us that the 2014-2015 road paving contract is complete. He also encouraged us to hold a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new road we installed on Overlook Drive in an effort to create positive public relations concerning the township’s ability to welcome businesses in the commercial park. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We heard that the September Aleppo Township Authority sewer bill is expected to show a reduction of $4 per EDU to reflect the savings on debt service recently adopted. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- President Gartner informed us that Masonic Village is building a gazebo and asked if it was a project that required a building permit. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We got an update about the feral cat colony on Nancy Drive, which essentially amounted to a conclusion that there is not much that can be done because the cats are feral. We are going to reach out to Animal Rescue who will allegedly capture the animals, spay or neuter them, and then return them. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, August 17 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to attend. If you have something to share but you can’t make the meeting, please drop me a line and I will be sure to share your thoughts with the other commissioners.
Thanks! Look forward to seeing everybody around town.
Aleppo Township Commissioner