Hi, Neighbors. I hope you’re all enjoying a wonderful summer in Aleppo. We had Workshop Meeting on Monday night and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- We voted (4-0) to defer action on the adoption of a potential Chicken Ordinance until some further need is demonstrated. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We voted (4-0) not to participate in the Cohen Law Group Verizon franchise renewal proposal. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We voted (4-0) to place a stop sign at the end of Veshio Drive. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Commissioner Williams explained the next steps for our township’s SWOT Analysis. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Our Township Manager gave us a heads up about a townhouse development proposed on Ferndale Avenue. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed a request to rent out the Township Building for a community group and decided to maintain our policy of not allowing that use. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Commissioner Jones updated us about the planning for the Masonic Village Fall Festival. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
One other note of public interest: The Ohio Township Police Department now has a disposal box for any unused medications that you need to safely dispose of. Please contact the Aleppo Township office (412-741-6555) if you have any questions.
Our next Legislative meeting will be on Monday, July 18 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner