Hi, Neighbors. We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting last week and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- We voted (5-0) to draft a resolution stating that climate change is a problem. Separately–but relatedly–we voted (4-1) to board to draft a statement in support of HR 763. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #HR763
- We discussed holding an Emergency Management Refresher. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #EmergencyManagement
- We made a motion to contact the DEP to ask them to make a site inspection of 690 Glen Mitchell Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) We will be voting on this at our next meeting, so please let me know if you have input. #DEP
- We discussed a Letter of Interest we have received concerning an opening on the Zoning Hearing Board (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #ZoningHearingBoard
- During Citizen Participation, we heard concern about one of our residents and the suggestion that he is being treated unfairly. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #CitizenParticipation
Our next Legislative meeting will be on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner