COVID-19 / Coronavirus:
- March 27, 2020: The Township Office and Authority Office are closed to all visitors. To reach the Township, call 412-741-6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To reach the Authority, call 412-741-7755.
- March 23, 2020: Governor Wolf has issued a Stay-At-Home order for Allegheny County. Click here to read the order.
- Click here for a letter detailing volunteer service help in the Township. If you need assistance or would like to volunteer to help your Township neighbors, please call 412-334-6059.
- Click here here for a list of local grocery and pharmacy delivery resources.
- State Representative Valerie Gaydos has provided coronavirus resources on her website: http://www.repgaydos.com/coronavirus
Waste Management Trash/Recycling :
Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020, Waste Management has instituted some temporary changes to their service:
- All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- Bulk Collection – furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc. has been suspended.
- Glenfield Road Lane Closure: we have been notified that Allegheny County has closed a section of one lane of Glenfield Road effective immediately due to a retaining wall collapse. They have not provided a timeline for the closure. We will post updates here as we receive more information.
- Click here for Allegheny County Press Release dated February 28, 2020
- Ambulance Service During the Upcoming Sewickley Bridge Rehabilitation: the Sewickley Bridge is scheduled for a major rehabilitation in the Spring. The Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority has issued a statement regarding their ambulance service plans during the closure. Please click here to read the QVAA statement.
- Earth Day Cleanup Event: Aleppo Township’s annual Earth Day roadside cleanup event will be held on Saturday, April 18, 2020. Meet at the Township building at 9:00 AM for coffee and donuts before we head out to do roadside cleanup along Deer Run Road, Glenfield Road, and other locations in the Township. Gloves, safety vests, and cleanup supplies will be provided. All volunteers are welcome!