- NEW CLOSURE – Glenfield Road: Allegheny County has notified us that Glenfield Road will now be closed between Ferry Road and the I-79 southbound exit. This closure is expected to last through October 2020. Click here for the County announcement and detour details.
- 2020 Census: We have been notified by the US Census Bureau that Aleppo has a lower than average response rate to the Census survey. We encourage all residents to return their Census forms. Proper population counts affect state and national legislative districts, emergency and disaster funding, and many other sources of funding that the Township is eligible for. Click here for a fact sheet about the Census.
- Waste Management Trash/Recycling: Effective Monday, May 4, 2020, Waste Management has instituted some temporary changes to their service:
- Bulk Item Collection will be resumed.
- All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
COVID-19 / Coronavirus:
The Township building will be open with limited access during normal business hours. Residents are asked to limit walk-in visits and are required to wear a face mask upon entering the building. Water and sewer payments can be placed in the locked box outside the front doors. (This box is emptied daily.)
Anyone requesting an in-person meeting is asked to call in advance.
Township: 412-741-6555 Authority: 412-741-7755
- Click here here for a list of local grocery and pharmacy delivery resources.
- Ambulance Service During the Upcoming Sewickley Bridge Rehabilitation: the Sewickley Bridge is scheduled for a major rehabilitation in the Spring. The Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority has issued a statement regarding their ambulance service plans during the closure. Please click here to read the QVAA statement.
- POSTPONED: Earth Day Cleanup Event: Aleppo Township’s annual Earth Day roadside cleanup event has been postponed. We will update the website with a new date once the event has been rescheduled.