Township Building Closed to Visitors
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Allegheny County, the Township Building will be closed to all visitors beginning Monday, November 23, 2020.
If you need to reach the Township Office, please call 412-741-6555.
If you need to reach the Authority Office, please call 412-741-7755.
Vacancy on the Aleppo Township Authority Board
The Aleppo Township Authority provides water and sewer service to Aleppo. The Authority is governed by a 5 member Board, and one of those seats is now open. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM in the Township building. If you are interested in serving on the Authority Board, please send a letter of interest, including any relevant experience, to Gwen Patterson at the Township Office.
Upcoming Glass Recycling Events: the traveling glass recycling bin will be in several Allegheny County locations in 2021. Click here and select Collection Schedule to learn more.
Openings on Boards and Commissions: if any resident is interested in serving the Township as a member of a Board or Commission, please send a letter of interest to Township Manager Gwen Patterson. Please include any relevant experience or other information you would like the Commissioners to consider. Opportunities for service include the Planning Commission, Aleppo Township Authority, Zoning Hearing Board, and Vacancy Board.
COVID-19 / Coronavirus:
The Township building will be open with limited access during normal business hours. Residents are asked to limit walk-in visits and are required to wear a face mask upon entering the building. Water and sewer payments can be placed in the locked box outside the front doors. (This box is emptied daily.)
Anyone requesting an in-person meeting is asked to call in advance.
Township: 412-741-6555 Authority: 412-741-7755
- Click here here for a list of local grocery and pharmacy delivery resources.
- Waste Management Trash/Recycling: Effective Monday, May 4, 2020, Waste Management has instituted some temporary changes to their service:
- Bulk Item Collection will be resumed.
- All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- POSTPONED: Earth Day Cleanup Event: Aleppo Township’s annual Earth Day roadside cleanup event has been postponed. We will update the website with a new date once the event has been rescheduled.