Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held on Monday, December 14, 2020:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work within COVID-19 protocols.
- Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or email@example.com.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, November 16, 2020 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
Before the start of the regular Legislative Meeting, the Board held a Conditional Use Hearing to consider amending the approvals for the commercial garages located at 695 Glen Mitchell Road (Louie & Sons). They also learned about the Trapizona Plan of Lots No. 4 Subdivision Plan submitted for the same property. To watch the Conditional Use hearing and learn about the new proposed uses for the property, Click here. #ConditionalUseHearing
(Note – the Board went into an executive session after the hearing, so there is a gap between the hearing and the regular meeting. Feel free to fast forward the video to the start of the regular meeting, or simply click the link below.)
If you want to watch the regular Legislative meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Representatives from Linde Gas presented their Land Development plan for improvements to their site at 503 North Drive. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #LindeGasLandDevelopment
- Ohio Township Police Chief Joe Hanny gave the police report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- The Board discussed the closure of the Township Building due to COVID-19. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). (Note: the Township Building is now closed, but the staff is working; check the website for more information). #COVID19
- The Commissioners heard what the Public Works department has been working on. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks
- Commissioner Richert reported on the recent status meeting with Amazon, and we heard about a resident’s suggestion regarding deer culling. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Amazon #Deer
- The decisions about the Amended Conditional Use application for 695 Glen Mitchell Road and the Trapizona Plan of Lots No. 4 Subdivision Application will be on the agenda for the December 14, 2020 Workshop Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #GlenMitchellRoad #TrapizonaAmendedConditionalUseApplication #TrapizonaPlanOfLotsNo4Subdivision
- The Tax Collector and Treasurer Reports were presented. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
- We are currently in the public comment period for the updated ASO Joint Comprehensive Plan between Aleppo, Sewickley, and Glen Osborne. The public hearing will be held on December 17, 2020 via Zoom. Click here to learn more and to view the plan. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #ASO #PublicHearing
- The draft of the 2021 Budget was presented to the Board. The budget will be voted on at the December 21, 2020 Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Budget
- If anyone is interested in learning about serving on various Boards and Commissions, please contact the Township Manager for more information. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #BoardofCommissioners #PlanningCommission #ZoningHearingBoard #AleppoTownshipAuthorityBoard
Our next Workshop Meeting will be on Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager