Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held on Monday, March 8, 2021:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work within COVID-19 protocols.
- Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or email@example.com.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, February 15, 2021 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Police Chief Hanny gave the police report for the month. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- Emergency Management Coordinator Judy Haluka gave an update on vaccinations in the area. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #EmergencyManagement
- The Public Works report was presented to the Board. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks
- The Commissioners heard an update about revised plans for a lot in the Industrial Park, and Solicitor Stone gave an update about a developer’s plans for homes proposed to be built in Glen Osborne on land that abuts Aleppo Township. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Solicitor
- Tax Collector/Treasurer Clayton Steup gave his report to the Board for the month of January 2021. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
- There were some changes to the Aleppo Township Authority Board: Commissioner Daniel Darragh resigned from the Authority Board, and two new members were appointed. Commissioner Darragh will stay on as a liaison between the Boards. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AleppoTownshipAuthorityBoard
- Commissioner Darragh gave an update on a preliminary joint feasibility study to explore the possibility of extending sewers to portions of Glenfield Borough, Sewickley Hills Borough, and the Glenfield Road and Ferry Road sections of Aleppo. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Sewer
- Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority is participating in a new program to allow emergency responders to leave Narcan behind in situations where overdoses are a risk. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleyAmbulanceAuthority
Our next Workshop Meeting will be tonight, Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager