Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held tonight, April 12, 2021:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work within COVID-19 protocols.
- Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or email@example.com.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Tuesday night, March 16, 2021 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Chief Hanny gave the police report and some reminders about computer fraud incidents. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Watchword Partners Plan of Lots subdivision plan was approved. This plan subdivided a lot that was in both Aleppo and Glen Osborne and combined the Aleppo portion with a smaller parcel. This approval is contingent upon the approval of the plan by Glen Osborne Borough as well. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners adopted an Ordinance setting the new stipend rate for Commissioners. This ordinance will take effect for each seat on the Board of Commissioners at the beginning of the next term of office. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The updated Engineering Services Retainer Agreement between the Township and HRG Engineers was approved. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The monthly Public Works report was presented. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Communications Report: an update regarding the Amazon issues was discussed. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Linde Gas Renovation that was originally approved in November 2020 was re-approved for date recording purposes (no changes to the plan.) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The February Tax Collector/Treasurer reports were presented. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Commissioners heard the Aleppo Township Authority monthly report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Citizen Participation: a resident asked for some more information about the new Commissioner stipend. The new rate is $3,145 per year, or $262/month. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Earth Day 2021 Roadside Cleanup will be held on Saturday, April 24, 2021 beginning at 9:00 AM at the Township Building. It will be an outdoor-only event. Masks are required when the group is gathered or when working nearby other volunteers. Safety vests, gloves, and trash bags will be provided. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Workshop Meeting will be tonight, Monday, April 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager