Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held tonight, May 10, 2021:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work within COVID-19 protocols.
- Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (email@example.com) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, April 19, 2021 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Commissioners approved two Resolutions: they approved the destruction of certain old records as permitted by the Municipal Records Manual, and they adopted a procedure for the sale of Surplus Personal Property (property means old office and/or public works equipment, not real estate property.) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Resolution
- Chief Hanny gave the monthly Police report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- Aleppo Township adopted the Allegheny County 2020 Hazard Mitigation Plan. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AlleghenyCounty
- The Board heard the monthly Public Works report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks
- Commissioner Richert reported on the most recent meeting with Amazon, and she discussed an email from a resident reminding people to clean up after their dogs while walking them. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Amazon #Resident
- Planning and Zoning: the Commissioners approved the Mygrant Development Plan for Parcel B in the 79 North Industrial Park for a new warehouse building to be constructed along Deer Run Road; they approved the DEP Resolution for New Land Development for the same proposed building; and they approved an addendum to the Developer’s Agreement between the Township and Alderman Holdings Deer Run Road LLC regarding the parking modifications that were recently approved. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #MygrantDevelopmentPlan #DEP #DeerRunRoad
- The Commissioners voted to approve a stipend increase for the position of Tax Collector/Treasurer. This stipend will increase to $3,145 per year to match the Commissioner salary increase, and will take effect following the next election. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Stipend #TaxCollector
- The Board approved the March bill lists. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #MonthlyBills
- Commissioner Darragh gave the Aleppo Township Authority report, including updates on delinquent accounts, the Culligan manhole repair project, and the Kilbuck Run sewer study. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AleppoTownshipAuthority #Sewer
- A Resolution was adopted authorizing the Township to participate in the 2021 Joint Bid for Solid Waste and Recycling Services coordinated by the Quaker Valley COG. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Resolution #Trash #Recycling #QuakerValleyCOG
Our next Workshop Meeting will be tonight, Monday, May 10, 2021 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager