Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, May 17, 2021 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Chief Joseph Hanny gave the Police Report, and the Commissioners approved a new three year contract for police protection services with the Ohio Township Police Department. The cost for the first year is $110,490. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Board approved two proposals during the Public Works section of the meeting — they authorized the Township Engineers to investigate road bonding and weight limits on several roads in the Weber Road neighborhood, and they approved the purchase of a new aluminum bed for one of the Township’s dump trucks. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Tax Collector/Treasurer Clayton Steup gave the report for the month of April 2021. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Quaker Valley COG’s new Executive Director is Patrick Conners, and the COG is continuing to work on the specifications for the new solid waste and recycling contract. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Aleppo Township had their annual Earth Day Roadside Cleanup on April 24, 2021. Click here to see some photos from the event.
- Glass Recycling collection dumpsters will be rotating throughout the Quaker Valley area this summer and fall. Click here for the schedule of locations and allowable items.
Our next Workshop Meeting is tonight, Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:00 PM in the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager