Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Tuesday night, May 16, 2022, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Chief Hanny gave the police report for the month of April. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Public Works Supervisor Tim Scott gave his monthly report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Some updates on the new Zoning Ordinance were given, including the date of the upcoming public hearing (June 20, 2022 at 7:00 PM) and that property owners with parcels that will be changing zoning districts will receive letters from the Township notifying them of the change. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Tax Collector/Treasurer report was presented for the month of April. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority will be working on planning events to celebrate their 50th anniversary. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Quaker Valley COG is installing a second glass recycling bin in Avalon Borough at 629 New Brighton Road. Both this glass bin and the glass bin in Sewickley are open to all Aleppo residents. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Township is awaiting the follow-up letter from the Sewickley Heights Manor Board regarding their requests for Sewickley Heights Drive parking regulations and the request to have some control over the surface of the islands in the roadway. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Act 537 Plan Amendment has been submitted to the DEP. The submission updates the Township’s official sewage facilities plan to reflect the township-wide sewer project that was constructed in 2012-2013. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Workshop Meeting will be on Monday, June 13, 2022, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager