Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
The Workshop Meeting scheduled for Monday, September 12, 2022 is CANCELLED. All business will be discussed at the Legislative Meeting on September 19, 2022.
Please see the information below regarding the polling place / voting location change for Aleppo Township residents.
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, August 15, 2022, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Public Hearing for the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map was concluded and the new Zoning Ordinance and Map were adopted. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). Click here to access the new Zoning Ordinance and click here to see the new Zoning Map. #PublicHearing #ZoningOrdinance
- Police Chief Joseph Hanny gave the report for the month of July, and President Jones explained that we are still working to develop an enforcement strategy for the issue of tractor trailers on Redgate Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police #TrucksUsingRedgateRoad
- The Board entered into a 3 year contract with Allegheny County to provide winter maintenance services on County-owned roads within the Township. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AlleghenyCounty #SnowRemoval
- A resolution was adopted approving the Sewage Planning Module for the Glen Minogue housing plan being constructed on Glen Mitchell Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Resolution #Sewage
- Tax Collector/Treasurer Clayton Steup gave the reports for the month of July. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
- The Aleppo Township Authority is continuing to research options for a design change at the Deer Run Pump Station. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AleppoTownshipAuthority
- A donation of $250 was approved for the Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority to support the upcoming Open House in celebration of their 50th Anniversary. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleyAmbulanceAuthority
- Vice President Williams gave the Quaker Valley COG report, including updates on the Route 65 corridor study. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleyCOG
- General Election Location Update: Aleppo Township Judge of Elections Shirley Hasson explained that Allegheny County is planning to move the voting location for Aleppo Township from the Township Building to the North Way Christian Community Church at 200 Deer Run Road. North Way is located down the hill from the Township Building. All registered voters should be receiving notice in the mail from Allegheny County announcing this change. We will share any further information we receive. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Election
Our next Meeting will be next Monday, September 19, 2022, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager