Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, November 18, 2019 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Ohio Township Police Department Chief Joseph Hanny gave the police report for the month. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- The Commissioners approved the sale of the old Public Works pickup truck and heard what the Public Works department has been working on. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks #PickUpTruck
- The financial reports for the month of October were presented. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
- Commissioner Darragh explained that the Authority’s engineer is finalizing a 10-year capital plan for the Water and Sewer systems. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AleppoTownshipAuthority
- A letter was received from Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority regarding their response planning for the upcoming work on the Sewickley Bridge. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleyAmbulanceAuthority
- The Commissioners voted to authorize the Solicitor to complete the settlement of the lawsuit filed against the Township by Masonic Village and to authorize the officers of the Township to sign the release documents. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Solicitor #LawSuit #MasonicVillage
- The Commissioners voted to appoint Judy Haluka to the vacant Commissioner position for the term beginning January 1, 2020. (Former Commissioner Duplaga is unable to accept her recent election win and will not be sworn in for the term.) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #BoardOfCommissioners
- Highlights of the proposed 2020 Budget were presented. The budget is scheduled to be adopted at the December Legislative meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Budget
- Several upcoming events were announced, including Christmas Tree Recycling on January 6, 2020 and Cookies and Coffee following the December Legislative meeting on December 16, 2019. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #ChristmasTreeRecycling #ChristmasCookies
Our next Legislative meeting will be on Monday, December 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager