Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, January 16, 2023, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Ordinance prohibiting the feeding of deer was adopted. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Deer
- Chief Hanny gave the December 2022 police report and announced the upcoming I-79 South ramp closure. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- Public Works Supervisor Tim Scott gave the Public Works report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks
- The Tax Collector/Treasurer report was given to the Commissioners. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
- The Quaker Valley COG will host a GIS mapping presentation at the Sewickley Library in February. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleyCOG
- Sally Shipley was re-appointed to chair the Vacancy Board, Louis Hasson was re-appointed to the Zoning Hearing Board, and Tim Merrill was re-appointed to the Authority Board. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #VacancyBoard #ZoningHearingBoard
- The Commissioners approved the design and bid agreement with HRG Engineering for the 2023 Paving Project. The bid results will determine the scope of the project, but the goal is to pave Sewickley Ridge Drive, Sewickley Ridge Circle, and Sewickley Ridge Court and to tar and chip multiple roads throughout the Township, including roads in the Weber Road neighborhood, McCoy Place Road, and South McCoy Place Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Paving
Our next Workshop Meeting will be on Monday, February 13, 2023, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager