Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held on June 8, 2020:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work to maintain social distancing. We are hoping to convene in-person for the June 15, 2020 Legislative Meeting. Please look for Legislative meeting information in next week’s Digest.
- The Agenda will be limited to timely business. Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or email@example.com.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, May 18, 2020 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Commissioners heard a presentation from Zach Williard of PFM regarding the upcoming Sewer Bond Refinancing. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Board voted to postpone the public hearing for the Oil & Gas Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance until June 15, 2020. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Board voted to advertise an Ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance to add a commercial parking overlay in the C-2 commercial industrial district. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners adopted an Ordinance providing a Revised Schedule of Rates for Sewage Service. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Emergency Management Coordinator Judy Haluka provided an update on the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Workshop Meeting will be on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your feelings to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager