Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
The Aleppo Township Board of Commissioners will be meeting in person in the Township building for their July 20, 2020 Legislative Meeting. However, to ensure proper social distancing, we will be limiting the number of people in the room at one time. Anyone attending the meeting must wear a face mask. We encourage residents to submit their comments in advance of the meeting when possible.
The Board will conduct the conditional use hearing for the Villas of Glen Minogue land development plan at 7:00 PM before the start of the regular Legislative Meeting.
Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, July 13, 2020 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Commissioner Richert provided an update on the efforts Amazon has taken so far to respond to the issues of speeding, litter, and truck traffic (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Amazon
- The Board voted to approve the Parking Overlay Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance. (Click here to watch the public hearing that was held before the start of the Workshop meeting). #ParkingOverlay #AmendmentToTheZoningOrdinance
- The Commissioners heard a request for an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to permit and regulate distilleries, wineries, and breweries in the R-3 zoning district. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AmendmentToTheZoningOrdinance
- The Board discussed the upcoming comprehensive revision to the Zoning Ordinance and received a proposal for the revision from HRG Engineering (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #ZoningOrdinance #HRG
- Safety and traffic sightlines on McCoy Place Road were discussed (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #McCoyPlaceRoad
- The Board heard a request for the placement of a flagpole on Sewickley Heights Drive (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Flagpole #SewickleyHeightsDrive
- The possibility of sharing a traveling Glass Recycling dumpster with Sewickley Borough was discussed (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #GlassRecycling
- Commissioner Darragh provided an update on the Sewickley/Leetsdale Sewer Proposal (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Sewer
Our next Legislative Meeting is tonight, Monday, July 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your feelings to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager