Hi, Neighbors. It’s been awhile since we’ve circulated one of our video digests, but we’re back online! With that in mind, we had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- The board voted (5-0) to approve Trick-or-Treating in Aleppo on Halloween–Monday, October 31, 2016–from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Please remember that our kids will be out and drive carefully. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We met a candidate for the vacancy on the Aleppo Township Authority Board. Paula Tapia discussed her qualifications and answered questions from the commissioners. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed opening an emergency road access to and from Sewickley Heights Drive, which would require us to use a right of way and would lead to Veshio Drive. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- One of our residents voiced concerns about traffic safety in Sewickley Heights Manor and The Ridge and we voted (5-0) to trim bushes and paint a yellow line on Sewickley Ridge Drive. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Another resident, Tim Kelly, presented concerns about global warming and his requested we pass a non-binding resolution on fee-and-dividend. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We discussed organizing Earth Day activities that would benefit our Township. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- The Township Manager updated us on the Ferndale Townhouse development application and we discussed the process for the future of this application. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We heard that Masonic Village has received a demolition permit for the Visch House and discussed our understanding of what will happen next with that property. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
Our next Legislative meeting will be on Monday, October 17, 2016 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner