Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, June 12, 2023, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Commissioners will fill the vacancy on the Planning Commission at next week’s Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PlanningCommission #Vacancy
- The 2023 Paving Project is moving forward. The tentative schedule is for the tar and chip to take place during the summer months (McCoy, South McCoy, and the Weber Road neighborhood), the paving of the Sewickley Ridge neighborhood to take place around September, and the reconstruction of the Township Building parking lot to take place in the fall. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). We learned today that some roadway repairs on McCoy Place Road will take place tomorrow (Saturday June 17th.) The paving contractors are delivering flyers to each house on McCoy and South McCoy notifying them of the impending work tomorrow. #PavingProject #McCoyPlaceRoad #SouthMcCoyPlaceRoad #WeberRoad
- State Representative Valerie Gaydos has requested a letter of support for her proposed Landslide Insurance and Assistance Program bill. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #ValerieGaydos #LandslideInsuranceAndAssistanceProgramBill
- The Commissioners discussed a proposed Addendum to the road salt contract with Cargill providing an extension of time for the required amount of salt to be purchased for the 2022-2023 winter season. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #RoadSalt #Cargill
- Maintenance of the privately-owned stormwater detention ponds throughout the Township was discussed. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #StormwaterDetentionPonds
Our next Legislative Meeting will be on Monday, June 19, 2023, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager