|Hi, Neighbors. We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Before I get started, there is one initiative that I want to pull out of the bullet list and emphasize. You should have received a letter in the mail discussing registration for our Emergency Communications System. It is critical that everybody sign up for this Emergency Communications System. To do so, please click here. To learn more, click here.
OK! That’s enough of that. Here’s what happened at the meeting:
- The police chief told us what his officers have been up to in the municipality. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting and–as always–click here to read the Aleppo Police Blotter.) #Police
- Our director of Public Works told us about what our crews have been doing and informed us that they would be replacing two doors on the Township Building. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #PublicWorks
- We discussed our Emergency and Non-Emergency Communication plan and the letter residents recently received. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting and click here to sign up for our Emergency Communications service.) #Communications
- We heard how much money we’ve collected in taxes and how much money we have in the bank. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #TaxCollector
- We continued to discuss the potential sale of vacant lot 422-G-351 and heard that the potential buyer is not presently prepared to continue. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #VacantLot
- We voted (4-0) to fund no greater than $375 to support a PRC sponsored glass recycling event in Killbuck Township contingent on Kilbuck agreeing to provide $375 as well. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #GlassRecycling
- We discussed the Audit Engagement Letter, which will begin our 2018 Audit. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Audit
- One of our residents asked several questions about a number of topics, including recycling, lot 422-G-351, and an expression of gratitude to our public works crew. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #CititzenParticipation
- We discussed the status of the Quaker Valley Council of Governments Emergency Management planning study. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #QuakerValleyCOG
- Finally, we discussed plans for our Third Annual Aleppo Township Earth Day Event, which will take place on Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 9:00 AM. Please join us to help pick up litter from our neighborhood! (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #EarthDay
Our next Workshop meeting will be on Monday, April 8, 2019 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner