Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, December 11, 2023, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Ordinances setting the 2024 Real Estate Tax Rate and adopting the 2024 Budget will be on the agenda for adoption at the December Legislative Meeting. There is no proposed real estate tax increase in the 2024 budget. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #RealEstateTaxRate #Budget
- The 2023 Paving Project is mostly completed for the season. The Township Building parking lot will be repaved in the spring. The Board is scheduled to approve two change orders to the paving contract at the December Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PavingProject
- 2024 Meeting Dates for the Workshop, Legislative, and Planning Commission meetings have been set. The dates are on the calendar on the Township’s website (www.aleppotownship.com). (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #MeetingDates
- The Reorganization Meeting will be held on January 2, 2024 at 7:00 PM. It is the Board’s intent to also have that meeting serve as the January Workshop Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Reorganization
- Reappointments to Boards and Commissions will be made at the Reorganization Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Reappointments
- There is an opening on the Zoning Hearing Board. Please contact the Township Manager for more information about the position. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #ZoningHearingBoard
- A recent pension audit determined that some administrative updates to the Police Pension Plan are required. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PolicePension
- The Board will review a proposal from Cohen Law Group regarding Cable Franchise Fee Agreements. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #CableFranchiseFeeAgreements
- A recent subdivision application has some required plan drawing changes and it will be sent back to the Planning Commission for their follow-up review. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #SubdivisionApplication #PlanningCommission
Our next Legislative Meeting will be on Monday, December 18, 2023, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager