Waste Management serves Aleppo Township.
2097 Duss Avenue
Ambridge, PA 15003
Effective Monday, May 4, 2020, Waste Management has instituted some temporary changes to their service:
- All trash/refuse must be bagged & sealed (and wherever possible) placed in containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- Bulk Collection – furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc. will resume on Monday, May 4, 2020.
** NEW FOR 2020 **
- Waste Management is no longer accepting glass for recycling. They advise residents to recycle glass at a regional location or to take glass to one of the glass recycling pop-up events scheduled around the county throughout the year. The Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) is a non-profit environmental group that sponsors glass recycling events throughout the region. Please visit their site for more information: https://prc.org/programs/collection-events/glassrecycling/
- Waste Management will now be enforcing the ban on plastic bags in recycling bins. Plastic bags have been on the do-not-recycle list for multiple years, but this year WM will be enforcing the ban. Recyclables must be placed loose in a curbside bin and can not be placed in plastic bags.
- When glass or plastic bags are in recycling bins, the bin will not be collected. For the first few months as residents adjust to the new regulations, WM will leave a notice in/on the bin explaining the list of materials accepted for recycling.
- Please review the 2020 Waste Management Trash and Recycling Schedule for more information.
For a list of all the frequently asked questions about Trash and Recycling collection in Aleppo Township, please click here.
For information about disposing of electronic items or household hazardous waste through the “At Your Door” program, please click here.
If you have anything that cannot fit in a bag or trash can, please call Waste Management at 800-866-4460 in advance to make sure the truck is equipped to pick it up. Click here for more information about Large Item Collection.