Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held tonight, April 19, 2021:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work within COVID-19 protocols.
- Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or email@example.com.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, April 12, 2021 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Kati Doebler, incumbent candidate for the Quaker Valley School Board, reintroduced herself to the Board and Aleppo residents. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleySchoolDistrict
- Mygrant Glass presented their plans for a new building in the Industrial Park. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #MygrantDevelopmentPlan
- The Township Building will host a traveling Glass Recycling Dumpster for a week sometime this summer (we do not know the dates yet.) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #GlassRecycling
- A Document Destruction Resolution, which authorizes the destruction of some old financial records and other township files, will be voted on at the Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Resolution
- Adoption of the Allegheny County Hazard Mitigation Plan was discussed. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #AlleghenyCounty
- Participation in the QVCOG Refuse/Recycling Bid was discussed, and the commitment Resolution will be voted on at the Legislative meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #QuakerValleyCOG #Trash #Recycling #Resolution
- An amendment to the Alderman/North Way Christian Community Developer’s Agreement was discussed. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #NorthWayChristianCommunity
- The police services contract with Ohio Township is up for renewal. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Police
- A stipend increase for the Tax Collector/Treasurer position was discussed. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Stipend #TaxCollector
- A proposal from HRG Engineers for a Road Weight Limit Study was discussed and will be considered again in May. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #HRG #WeightLimitRoadBonding
- The Commissioners discussed a Resolution authorizing the Township Manager to sell Township Personal Property (old equipment, furniture, etc.) in accordance with the regulations in the First Class Township Code. The Resolution will be voted on at the Legislative meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Resolution
The Aleppo Township Earth Day Roadside Cleanup will be this coming Saturday, April 24, 2021. We will meet in the parking lot of the Township Building and then head out to clean up along some roads in the Township. Safety vests, gloves, grabbers, trash bags — and donuts and coffee — will be provided. Masks will be required when working nearby other volunteers. Come join us on Saturday!
Our next Legislative Meeting is tonight, April 19, 2021 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager