Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
** The March Legislative Meeting is tomorrow evening – TUESDAY March 22, 2022 at 7:00 PM. **
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, March 14, 2022, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- It was announced that the Weight Limit/Road Bonding Ordinance will be on the agenda for adoption at the March Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The request for parking regulations in Sewickley Heights Manor was discussed, and a Parking Committee was formed and tasked with investigating the current issue further. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- There is now a permanent site for Glass Recycling in the Quaker Valley! Glass can be recycled in the big blue glass bin located in Sewickley Borough’s Riverfront Park at 300 Chadwick Street. Check out the Latest News page on our website for information about the location and glass recycling regulations. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- An update was given on the Nancy Drive Cat Complaint. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Act 172 Real Estate Tax Refunds (for eligible first responders who live in Aleppo Township) will be on the agenda for approval at the Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- A Resolution approving the submission of a grant application to the Local Share Account Grant Program was adopted. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Commissioner Haluka passed along several comments she received praising the Public Works crew for their snow removal efforts on the roads in the Township. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Legislative Meeting will be tomorrow evening, Tuesday, March 22, 2022, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager