Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, July 11, 2022, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Commissioners adopted the Resolution Adopting the 2022 Amendment to the Act 537 Sewer Plan and approved submitting the revised plan to the DEP for approval. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- A summary of the current police contract was given and the cost for increased patrols of Redgate Road was discussed. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Board will hold a Public Hearing next week regarding Masonic Village’s plan to refinance their bonds and will consider the Resolution to Approve Masonic Village Bond Refinancing. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners approved an agreement with Cargill, Inc. for road salt for the upcoming winter season at a price of $88.96/ton. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners granted Waste Management’s request to start at 6:00 AM on especially hot days to protect their crews from heat exhaustion. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Legislative Meeting will be on Monday, July 18, 2022, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Recycling Opportunity: Pennsylvania Resources Council is holding a Hard To Recycle Collection event at Quaker Valley High School on Saturday, July 23, 2022 from 8:45 AM – 1:00 PM. Pre-registration is required. Click here to learn more and to register.
Aleppo Township Manager