Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, February 13, 2023, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The Ordinance prohibiting the feeding of deer was adopted in January. We will contact the Sewickley Herald to ask them to publicize this new law. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Deer #Ordinance
- There is an open seat on the Planning Commission and there will be an opening on the Aleppo Township Authority Board in the near future. Please check the Latest News page on the Township website or contact the Township Manager for details on the positions. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Vacancy #PlanningCommission #AleppoTownshipAuthorityBoard
- The Vescio Plan of Lots Subdivision Application to divide one parcel into two lots will be on the agenda for approval at next week’s Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #VescioSubdivision #RedgateRoad
- A contract with Code.sys Code Consulting, Inc. for building inspection services was provided to the Commissioners. A motion to approve the contract and appoint Code.sys as the Township’s building inspectors will be on the agenda for Monday’s Legislative Meeting.(Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #CodeSys
- Act 172 Property Tax Refunds for first responders will be approved at Monday’s Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PropertyTaxRefunds
- The Commissioners discussed a possible procedure for communication between the Township and the Aleppo Township Authority for future financial commitments involving the sewer system. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Sewer
Our next Legislative Meeting will be on Monday, February 20, 2023, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email prior to the meeting and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners. The meetings are open to the public and citizens are invited to attend in person.
Aleppo Township Manager