Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Legislative Meeting that will be held on May 18, 2020:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work to maintain social distancing.
- The Agenda will be limited to timely business. Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (email@example.com) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, May 11, 2020 and I wanted to tell you what happened. This meeting was held via Zoom, and the agenda was limited to timely issues.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Solicitor Stone explained the electronic meeting format. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners heard an update about the proposed change to the Aleppo Zoning Ordinance to create a parking overlay district in the C-2 Commercial Industrial district. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Board discussed rescheduling the adoption of the Oil & Gas Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance for the June 15, 2020 Legislative meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners will vote next week on the sewer rate change ordinance. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Sample street signs have been installed at the intersection of Glen Mitchell Road and McCoy Place Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners will hear a presentation next week about the potential for refinancing the sewer bonds. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Commissioner/Emergency Management Coordinator Judy Haluka gave an update about meetings and other coronavirus issues. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Legislative Meeting will be on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your feelings to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager