Hi, Neighbors. There was an Aleppo Workshop Meeting Monday night. I wasn’t there, but I wanted to let you know what happened, nevertheless.
We will be voting on a couple of these issues next week, so we would like to know your feelings and opinions before then.
It wasn’t a long meeting (under 20 minutes), so if you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- We voted (3-0) to re-approve Ferndale Plan of Lots, which was necessary because the prior approval had expired. This discussion also included some new details about the plan. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #ferndaleplanoflots
- We discussed changes in the state law concerning the residency requirement for township commissioners. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #residency
- We talked about appointing Mary Carolyn Nash as the Aleppo delegate on the Quaker Valley Ambulance Authority board. We will vote on this issue on Monday, so please let me know if you have thoughts about this appointment. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #quakervalleyambulanceauthorityboard
- We discussed naming a backup Emergency Management Coordinator and are still investigating individuals for this position. If you or anyone you know would be a good fit, please let me know. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #emergencymanagement
- We discussed the “25 MPH” speed limit signs that recently went up on Rockledge Drive and talked about either taking them down or posting signs with a lower speed limit. We will likely be voting on this issue on Monday, so please let me know if you have thoughts. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #rockledgedrive
Our next Legislative meeting will be on Monday, August 21, 2017 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner