Hi, Neighbors. We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting last week and I wanted to tell you what happened.
Before I get into the meat of the digest, let me tell you about something new that we did this month. We added a second camera to our recording setup so that when presenters are talking to the board, the video can show more than just their back. It’s still a work in progress and the placement will improve, but we’re continuing to try to make the recording the best it can be. Click here to see an example of this new technology. Let me know what you think!
OK, here’s the digest. If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- Auditor Mark Turnley presented our 2015 Audit. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Chief Miklos gave his monthly report on the police activity in our Township, including a theft case, four fraud cases, and a drug overdose. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Manager Patterson told us what the Public Works department has been up to. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Treasurer Clayton Steup updated us about how much revenue we’ve collected and how much money we have in the bank. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We voted (4-0) to appoint Michal Lea to the Aleppo Township Authority Board of Directors. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We talked more about traffic safety in The Ridge and discussed the location of the yellow line we are going to paint. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- We continued to discuss Sewickley’s efforts to clean-up its storage lot along Glen Mitchell Road and agreed to monitor what they do over the next month or so pending Sewickley’s commitment to continue the clean-up in October and November. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
Please take note that our next Workshop meeting will be on Monday, November 14, 2016 at 7:00 PM at the Aleppo Township Volunteer Fire Hall. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner