Hi, Neighbors. We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- We discussed a proposed Pension Plan Ordinance. We will be voting on adoption of this ordinance on Monday night, so if you have input to share, please let me know before then. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #PensionPlan #Ordinance
- We were told that we would receive feedback from our attorney at the next meeting about the proposed contract for electronic document management. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #ElectronicDocumentManagement
- We learned that a meeting has been requested by Sewickley concerning the new sewer rate and discussed ways to get the documents necessary for our engineer to contribute to that negotiation. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #SewerRates
- Resident Tim Kelly asked the board to investigate installing solar panels on township buildings and property. A motion was made, but failed for lack of a second. Commissioner Jones agreed to work with Mr. Kelly to try to get the COG to assist in conducting the research necessary to begin this type of project. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #SolarPanels
- We discussed a firefighter tax credit and agreed to take no action until we saw a recommended policy, which we expect to be provided by the COG. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #FirefighterTaxCredit
- Concern was expressed about our policy of videorecording meetings and whether we should blank-out certain parts of the recordings to maintain a strategic edge when discussing certain topics. To address this concern, we informally agreed to take a more aggressive position with respect to what is properly addressed in Executive Session, within the confines of the law. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Policy #Meetings
Our next Legislative meeting will be on Monday, July 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner