Hi, Neighbors. We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting last week and I wanted to tell you what happened.
It wasn’t a particularly long meeting, but there were a few topics that we discussed that will be up for a vote tomorrow. So please let us know if you have any input on any of these subjects. If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- We followed up on the conversation we started when our Code Enforcement Officer spoke with us last month (click here to see this portion of the meeting from the February meeting) and did not propose any revisions to the current code enforcement process. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #CodeEnforcement
- We discussed the draft Social Media Policy and proposed a motion to adopt it. We will be voting on this tomorrow night, so please let us know if you have any thoughts on this topic. (Click here to read the draft Social Media Policy and click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #SocialMedia #Policy
- We heard another proposal for township GIS services, this time from our engineer. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #GIS #HRG
- We discussed the 2018 Road Program and proposed a motion to approve our engineer’s proposal. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Paving
- We started a discussion about new street signs in the township, but did not take or propose any action because we do not yet have any information about costs. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #StreetSigns
- We discussed a resident’s request that we hold a town hall meeting to discuss fracking. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Fracking
- We made a motion to authorize the drafting of an amendment to section 232-2 of our township ordinance to increase the cost for a license to operate a junk dealer or storage lot to $1,500 annually. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Ordinance
- We shared details about Aleppo’s Second Annual Earth Day event, which will be on 14 April 2018. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this great event. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #EarthDay
Our next Legislative meeting will be on **Tuesday 20 March 2018** at 7:00 PM at the Township Building. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to join us and voice your opinion. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me by email and I will be sure to convey your feelings to the other commissioners.
As always, thanks for making Aleppo a great place to live.
Aleppo Township Commissioner