Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
Please see the following information regarding the Aleppo Township Workshop Meeting that will be held on tonight, Monday, January 11, 2021:
- The Commissioners will meet electronically as we continue to work within COVID-19 protocols.
- Click here to see the meeting agenda.
- We will be following our normal broadcast procedures and the electronic meeting will be streamed live on YouTube. Click here for the Aleppo Township YouTube channel.
- Citizens are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Call or email your comments/concerns to me in advance of the meeting at 412-741-6555 x19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are watching the meeting live, you can email your comments to me during the meeting (email@example.com) and I will convey them to the Commissioners during the electronic meeting.
- Please continue to check the Aleppo Township website for updates on meetings and other news: www.aleppotownship.com
We had an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, December 21, 2020 and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- Ohio Township Police Chief Hanny gave the Police Report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Commissioner Haluka gave the Emergency Management Report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- The Public Works report was summarized for the Board. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- The Commissioners approved the Glenfield Road LLC/Burnette Subdivision Plan (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Tax Collector/Treasurer Clayton Steup presented his reports the Commissioners. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- The Commissioners voted to approve the Real Estate Tax Ordinance setting the millage for 2021 and adopted the 2021 Budget Ordinance. The millage (real estate tax rate for Aleppo Township) will remain at 3.5 mills for 2021. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- Commissioner Darragh gave the Aleppo Township Authority Report. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
- The Commissioners reappointed residents to new terms on the Planning Commission, Aleppo Township Authority, Zoning Hearing Board, and Vacancy Board. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.)
Our next Workshop Meeting is tonight, Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager