Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
We have several announcements about upcoming events:
- The Aleppo Township Volunteer Fire Company is hosting a Blood Drive tomorrow, December 21st, from 2:00-7:00 PM. Call 412-209-7000 or go to https://donateblood.centralbloodbank.org to register through the vitalant registration system.
- The Township offices will be closed on the following days for the holidays: Thursday December 23rd, Friday December 24th, Thursday December 30th, and Friday December 31st.
- The Annual Christmas Tree Recycling will be on Monday, January 3, 2022. Please have your trees at the curb by 8:00 AM. Aleppo residents will receive a red postcard in the mail with the collection details.
We had an Aleppo Workshop Meeting on Monday night, December 13, 2021, and I wanted to tell you what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, Click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of particular interest to you.
Here is what happened:
- The 2022 Budget and Millage Ordinances were discussed and will be voted on at the December Legislative Meeting. There will not be a township property tax millage increase in 2022. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The Commissioners approved the purchase of a new lawn tractor for the Public Works Department. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- A Resolution outlining the terms for an annual contribution to the Aleppo Township Authority sewer budget was discussed and will be voted on at the December Legislative Meeting. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- An Ordinance to set weight limits on Weber Road, Ferndale Avenue, Weber Road Ext., Sycamore Road Ext., and Ingleside Avenue was introduced. This will be further explored in January 2022. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- The January 2022 Reorganization Meeting and Workshop Meeting will be combined on January 3, 2022 (the normal Workshop meeting will not be held on January 10th.) (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting).
- Two residents spoke during Citizen Participation. (Click to watch this portion of the meeting).
Our next Legislative Meeting is tonight, Monday, December 20, 2021, at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, please feel free to contact me via phone or email and I will convey your thoughts to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager