Hello Aleppo Residents and Friends –
The Board of Commissioners held an Aleppo Legislative Meeting on Monday night, August 19, 2019 and we wanted to let you know what happened.
If you want to watch the meeting from the beginning, click here. Otherwise, feel free to click the links below to jump to the portions of the meeting that are of interest to you.
Here’s what happened:
- Amy Richert was appointed to serve on the Board of Commissioners. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Commissioners #AmyRichert
- Police Chief Hanny gave the police update for the month of July. The Board also discussed idling trucks and speed monitoring signs. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting.) #Police
- The audience heard a summary of the recent Emergency Management training refresher that the Commissioners and Township Manager received. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #EmergencyManagement
- The Board authorized Township Engineer Ben Gilberti to complete a final design for paving repair of a section of Rhodes Avenue; made a motion to approve a proposal for Geo-technical Monitoring of Rhodes Avenue and then deferred the motion for one month; and continued the discussion of possible emergency exits from the Sewickley Heights Manor neighborhood. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #HRG #RhodesAvenue #SewickleyHeightsManor
- The Commissioners heard about the recent activities of the Public Works Department. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #PublicWorks
- Treasurer Clayton Steup gave his report about the Township’s finances. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #TaxCollector
- Solicitor Stone reported on discussions with a property owner regarding his land use and discussions with the representatives of North Way Christian Church regarding construction timelines. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #Solicitor #NorthWayChristianCommunity
- The Board voted to approve a new 3 year agreement with Allegheny County for winter maintenance, and they also approved a contract with Cargill for the purchase of road salt at $82.24 per ton. #AlleghenyCounty #RoadSalt #Cargill
- A resident asked for information about the Columbia Gas project on Weber Road. (Click here to watch this portion of the meeting). #ColumbiaGas #WeberRoad
The next Workshop meeting will be Monday, September 9, 2019 at 7:00 PM. If any of these issues are important to you, we welcome your attendance at the meeting. If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please feel free to share your thoughts with me via email and I will be sure to pass your comments along to the Commissioners.
Aleppo Township Manager